A great article from the Harvard Business School forwarded to us by our pal Bill ... Gotta love the continued authenticity push in our world ... (Go transparency!!! Or as we say at frank: BUBIA! BUBIA!!!*) Read it here, or note some of our favorite bits below:
- "consumers are using technology to learn about their marketers rather than the other way around"
- "progressively ceding control"
- "the ideas have to belong to the people you're attempting to engage with"
- "when a brand adopts a point of view ... it can become a lightning rod for discourse"
- "witty, self-aware advertising"
- "brands will be more talked about than talking"
* BUBIA! BUBIA!: [boo-BEE-ya! boo-BEE-ya!] Be Unreasonable! Be in Action! A frank rallying cry to use when one is finally letting go of the illusion of control and diving into the wonderful lushness of action, abundance and trust in humanity and the universe ... in marketing, in business, in the world and beyond.