Instead of flinging around techie buzzwords untethered to a vision, strategy or big-pic understanding of where all the new social media tools fit, JP and Elissa shared frank's integrated perspective on how to leverage all the new stuff to help organizations reinforce their culture and foster collaboration.
Thanks to all who joined the conversation and asked the tough questions!
Top-of-the list concerns and inquiries by MN OD members?
- will this stuff ever be obsolete?
- how do I set up a wiki?
- how do I use the right stuff and not confuse employees?
- what's the right mix of traditional communications and emerging social media mix? (good one!)
- what's the value proposition of all this?
- are there legal concerns to be aware of?
- how to I get started and drive sustainability?
Lucky we had two hours and 70 slides! No doubt it was a diverse audience of OD experts with a diverse knowledge of enterprise 2.0 opportunities – pretty representative of the national audience in general.
So how about you? What's your social media savvy?
Have fun taking the quiz we shared with members of the MN OD Network last night:
And if you're stumped by any of the questions, email us at email@example.com for answers or catch us presenting at the American Marketing Association meeting in Minneapolis on Nov. 13 or at our own frank / zanby full-day seminar we're planning for mid-October. (again, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to join us!)